Briefly it is about black women who work as maids for white women in Jackson Mississippi in the early 1960s. I really enjoyed the characters and complexities of the relationships between them. I don't want to give too much description because I always enjoy books more when I don't know the detailed plot. I love getting a glimpse at other times in history through novels and this book was really interesting and touching.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I've heard that this book is wonderful. I'd REALLY like to start a blogger book exchange club with 12 or so bloggers. Everyone would choose one book that no one in the group has read, then every month you would pass your book along to the next person in line. Does that make sense? Would you be at all intersted?
I would love to be a part of your book club! I just sold my book on Amazon, but I have plenty more ideas for books! I will email you a list of some books I want to read so we can get started! What a fantastic idea!!! Go Tay!
Post a Comment