Monday, March 23, 2009

Meal Planning

Ever since I went back to work after Pat's surgery, I have had to be a planner in the kitchen. We try to eat as healthy as possible - which means a lot of cooking at home. So on Sunday I usually do a meal plan for the week. I go grocery shopping and do most of the prep cooking in order for dinners to be quick during the week.

The following is my meal plan for this week. I will share some of the recipes later this week as they are some of my favorites. They are easy and pack in some healthy ingredients.

MONDAY - Chicken Fajitas with salsa & guacamole
TUESDAY - Barley Risotto with cashew cream
WEDNESDAY - Green Lentil Soup with pita & hummas
THURSDAY - Turkey Chili with kale and cashews
FRIDAY - Asian Salmon with veggies

2 comments:

Julie Kiefer said...

Wow, I am impressed! Reed and I have tried to do the same thing...and somehow, I always forget a key ingredient at the store or he decides he wants cereal for dinner! Do share the recipes! I am in need of an expanded repetoire! This made me hungry!

M.M.M. said...

wow that does sound healthy! And yummy! No wonder you are so in shape! ; )