Saturday, July 25, 2009

20 Week Ultrasound - Its a....



Its a...baby! Ha Ha! We went in for the 20 week ultrasound and got a good look at our baby - except for the main attraction which we're leaving as a surprise. You'll just have to wait to find out if it is pink or blue for the Devingers. : )

Our baby looks great and everything is healthy except for one minor detail. The umbilical cord normally has two arteries and one vein. Baby D's umbilical cord only has one artery (Single umbilical artery - SUA). Our Doctors are not concerned because everything else looks perfectly normal and healthy. We will go back for another ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure the baby's developing properly. All we want is a healthy baby - and healthy parents. We'll keep you posted, but we are confident that all is well.
The baby is moving a lot. I have been feeling it for the past month. It showed off some of its moves during the ultrasound. We think we have a little athlete on our hands! 20 more weeks to go - we can't wait to meet our little one!

4 comments:

Corie said...

Congrats! Glad to hear all is well! Keep us posted please! Can NOT wait to find out what it is!:) Hmmm, I am kind of thinking blue!

Don said...

So you guys don't know what the gender is either? Wow now that takes patience!
My 1st ultrasound with Chloe they noticed an "abnormality" but by the next ultrasound it completely cleared up. I bet the same thing will happen with you guys. The baby is looking cute! : )

suzanne said...

congrats, pat and molly! we are so excited for you! we are now officially one day past our due date for baby #2...just waiting for the action to take place any time! baby k and baby d will be playmates!!!

Julie Kiefer said...

We're sending good thoughts your way! I can't wait to find out what it is either! I don't know if I could keep such a big secret!