Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yosemite Camping

We went up to Yosemite for a few days with our friends Nathalie, Jason and their little girl Mischa. Nathalie's extended family was there too. We had such a great time being outside, sleeping in our tent and hiking. Can't wait to do it again soon! For all you out-of-towners - Yosemite is about a three hour drive from the bay and is just amazing! If you have not been - go someday : )
We spent Friday hiking up to Glacier Point - 9.2 miles round trip with an altitude gain of 3,200 feet. It was a trek, but I had no room to complain because Nathalie's 78 year old grandmother came with us! She rocked! The views from the top were spectacular! The top picture is a view of the valley with Half Dome on the left and Nevada & Vernal falls on the right. Wow!

3 comments:

Corie said...

You guys are SO cute! The pictures are just gorgeous! Yosemite is FOR SURELY on our to do list! You must be feeling great...and NO baby bump....you skinny thing! you look GREAT!~

Molly Maduck said...

I can't believe you did a 9 mile hike while preggers... you're my hero, that's amazing!! I'm so proud of you. These pics are beautiful!

Taylor K said...

Which entrance did you go in? My grandma lives in Oakhurst, CA which is about 30 minutes from the park. I love it up there! Awesome pictures! If you haven't already, stop in Mariposa the next time you drive there. It's a really cute town!