After lunch on Friday we headed back to the hospital. When we arrived Pat had just been transferred to a regular room. He made a joke to the Doctor in the ICU about requesting a single room...with a view, and low and behold he got it! The view is not much of a surprise though - UCSF is located on top of a large hill in San Francisco. Depending where you are in the hospital you can see downtown, the golden gate bridge or golden gate park. He spent the rest of the day and evening dozing in and out of sleep. He was able to eat some dinner, all liquids, but he has a good appetite. One of Pat's college friends that lives in the south bay dropped by and Pat was excited to have a visitor, but after that he was really exhausted and just could not stay up much past 9pm. We had a great nurse Friday night (my favorite so far - his name was Merritt) and he kept the pain to a minimum through out the night. I stayed the night in the hospital and keep a close eye on Pat. I think he got a really good rest for the first time in a few days. I on the other hand felt how a new mother must feel, I listened to Pat breathe all night and would jump at Pat's slightest movement. In the middle of the night the nurses have to come in and check vitals, draw blood and dispense pain med, but Merritt kept the interruptions to a minimum. Pat is getting much needed rest and is doing great!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
It is comforting to know that Pat is in such good hands. Thanks again for keeping us updated. xx K
Pat & Molly,
Great to see the sense of humor is intact!
Tara and I have been following the progress online and thinking of you. You will both remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Mike
Pat, it's Cebe! Newberry sent me your blog and update. Hey not to worry once you get out of there I can help you w/ a real good solid L.B. loan... :) Sounds like you have the best care one could ask for and a fantastic attitude! Best wishes and cheers to a speedy recovery! -Allison
It must be such a relief to have the "surgery" part over. We are so glad that Pat is feeling a little better, do you have an idea when he will be released?
This post is such a relief to read! I'm so glad Pat is doing so remarkably well. Give him our love, and a big kiss from baby William.
Molly,
It sounds like he is doing great. Merritt maybe a great nurse but you are being an amazing wife. Pat couldn't ask for better. Hoping we can catch up sometime after Pat gets released and if comfortable at home. Miss and love you both.
such good news! you guys are in our prayers.
Thinking of you guys...thanks for the updates.
Patrick & Molly -
I'm following your progress and sending prayers to you! I truly hope all is going well and my heart goes out to you. it's been such a long time since we talked - I was pretty shocked to hear what was going on - best wishes and a speedy recovery...would love to chat as soon as possible to check in and wish you my best -
-Joe
Post a Comment