My nephew Jack is in second grade. He is an amazing kid and I wish I could spend every day with him. I can't even express how excited I was when he asked me to help him with a school project! Yessssss! His class is doing a Flat Stanley project - based on the 1964 children's book Flat Stanley. The book is about a boy who is flattened by a bulletin board and takes advantage of his flattened state - including being mailed to far off places. Genius! Read more about the Flat Stanley project here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_StanleyJack made a flat paper cut-out of himself and mailed it to us - ie Flat Jack. We spent a week documenting our time with Flat Jack, kinda wish we could have spent the week with the real Jack, but Flat Jack had a fun adventure!


3 comments:
How fun! I would LOVE to have that as a project! althought I agree the "real" Jack would have been more fun! Your nephew is a lucky kid to have such an awesome auntie!
Adorable!! We wish we could spend a week with you guys too! :)
what a cute idea!
Post a Comment